Pedestrian accidents are one of the most inhumane accidents because there is no car or truck with whom the driver collides. In this case, there was a collision with a pedestrian who was just walking, and the driver crashed into the pedestrian with no fault. There are some excuses drivers give, like they didn’t see the pedestrian or other reasons. It is important to note that it is the legal responsibility of the driver to drive carefully without hurting anyone on the street.
However, even after this legal responsibility, there are pedestrian accidents, and it is found that there are some common causes of such incidents. So, in this article, we will discuss common causes, and if you want to learn more about such cases, you can click here and explore the details.
What are the Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
- Distracted Driving: Drivers’ efforts while driving are essential, especially to pay attention while going. If they indulge in phone, texting, drinking, eating, and other distracted activities, it can lead to accidents. Distraction is not only limited to cell phones; there can be other distractions, like daydreaming or adjusting something, and others, which can lead to collisions. This becomes one of the major causes of accidents.
- Impaired Drivers: When the drivers are under the influence of drugs and alcohol, it can lead to hazards for a large number of people. Influenced driving is unsuitable for anyone and becomes hazardous, especially for pedestrians. There is a high probability of accidents following intoxication.
- Left-turn accidents: It is also one of the essential causes of accidents. If there are busy intersections, taking a left turn without any warning can cause accidents.
- Right-turn accidents: There is a similar situation in right-turn accidents for pedestrians, especially in traffic situations.
- Construction: If there is a construction site, it does not leave sidewalks for safe walkways. Thus, pedestrians are forced to walk in the moving traffic, and this becomes dangerous for people. If there is an accident in such scenarios, then the construction company is responsible for the accident.
- Multi-lane Roads: Multi-lane is dangerous for pedestrians even in crosswalks because traffic in one lane may stop for the person and the other keeps moving. This creates chaos and leads to accident situations.
Drivers must avoid these common causes of pedestrian accidents to save pedestrians from injuries.