Amazon Prime Video UK offers exclusive content not found in other versions, such as broadcasting English Premier League (EPL) football matches. However, the Internet and Prime Video libraries in particular are too segmented by region. You won’t be able to watch most UK content outside the UK unless the rights holders allow it. VPN is the answer to this challenge. The purpose of a VPN is to bypass regional restrictions and protect against ubiquitous surveillance.
VPN passes all our traffic through its servers. At the same time, the data is encrypted so that no one can intercept it on the path between us and the server. The data is then decrypted and sent to the target site, in particular Amazon Prime Video. This means we can change how services see us at our discretion. Here, a lot depends on the VPN, the quality of its services, and the number of available servers. Read below for everything you need to know.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video Overseas Using a VPN?
If you find a movie through a Google or other search engine and try to watch it, a warning may appear. Its meaning is that the film is not available in your region. A VPN is needed to change your location to where the movie is allowed to be watched. True, not all VPNs can cope with this task. You should pay special attention to choosing a VPN service.
To effectively unblock and stream Amazon Prime Video with a VPN, follow the steps below:
- Choose a reliable VPN service for Amazon Prime Video. If you want the best VPN for Amazon Prime, try VeePN. It can be considered the best VPN for Amazon Prime due to its ability to bypass any geographic restrictions and offer top-notch speed. Few Amazon Prime VPNs are capable of 4k resolution. You can try to find another Prime VPN, but VeePN works, and others – try at your own risk.
- Download the VPN app and install it. You can download and install the app on all the devices you use for streaming Amazon Prime Video. Most VPNs offer native apps for popular operating systems and Amazon Fire devices.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a server. Connect to a server located in the country hosting the Amazon Prime Video library you want to access. For instance, connecting to a server in the United States will enable you to access the American Prime Video library, as your IP address will temporarily change to a US-based one. Remember that different regions have their own Prime Video libraries, with some regions offering lower subscription rates for Amazon Prime.
- Log into the Amazon website (not Prime Video) using an Incognito window and the local Amazon web address. For example, if your VPN is connected to the United States, use amazon.com; whereas for accessing APV UK, use amazon.co.uk. This method is recommended over signing in solely on the Prime Video site or app, as it decreases the likelihood of encountering VPN blocks.
- Find your desired show and start streaming. You can now browse through a different Prime Video library and enjoy shows that are typically unavailable to you.
Warning! If you are using a VPN that Amazon detects, your account may be banned. It is better to immediately setup VPN Extension for Edge from a reliable developer, so as not to encounter a similar problem. It’s best not to use your main account for the test.
Amazon Prime Video Restrictions
Amazon Prime Video is accessible in various countries worldwide. However, similar to streaming giant Netflix, the available content library differs depending on your location. This discrepancy arises because the broadcasting rights for shows, movies, and events are limited to specific regions. The only exception is Amazon’s original content, which can be broadcast globally.
When you subscribe to Amazon Prime Video, you gain access to a region-specific content library based on your sign-up location. When you travel to a different region, the available content may vary depending on your account’s origin and your travel destination.
In certain cases, you can bypass the regional restrictions and access Amazon Prime content from abroad by utilizing a VPN, regardless of your account’s origin. For instance, with a VPN server located in the US, I can unlock access to Amazon Prime US even though my account is registered in Canada.
However, Amazon Prime UK works differently. To watch content through amazon.co.uk, you must have a dedicated Amazon Prime UK account. Nevertheless, it is possible to sign up for a UK account from another country, without requiring a UK payment method. Keep in mind that while outside the UK, you may encounter some unavailable content. Depending on licensing agreements, you may have the option to purchase the content separately or no option to watch it at all.
Amazon Prime Video cannot show the video to everyone, everywhere, as it is against copyright laws. If you are on a business trip or vacation abroad, your library becomes inaccessible. VPN can quickly resolve the issue of geo-blocking on Amazon Prime Video.