Cricket is one of the most popular sports in the world, with billions of fans across the globe. With the growth of mobile devices and mobile internet, it has become easier than ever for fans to watch live cricket matches on their phones or tablets. In this post, I’ll discuss different ways to Watch Live Cricket action on your mobile device from anywhere at any time.
Download Mobile Apps to Watch Live Cricket
One of the easiest ways to watch live cricket on your mobile is to download official apps from various cricket leagues and broadcasters. Here are some of the top mobile apps for live cricket streaming:
- Hotstar: This app lets you watch live cricket matches, highlights, analysis, and cricket shows for significant leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, and international cricket held in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc. It offers a premium subscription for ad-free and HD streaming.
- Willow TV: It’s a popular app in the US and North America for live cricket streaming. You can watch matches from the ICC World Cup, IPL, PSL, and CPL.
- Sky Sports Cricket: This app provides live coverage and highlights of England’s international and county cricket matches. Available in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
- Fox Sports: Cricket fans in Australia can watch live matches and highlights of international and domestic cricket held in Australia. Provides extensive coverage of Big Bash League.
- YuppTV: Offers live cricket streaming and highlights for major tournaments like IPL, ICC events, BBL, etc. It also covers regional cricket from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South Africa, etc.
- ESPN Cricinfo: Get the latest news, live scores, photos, videos, and analysis of cricket matches worldwide. Also includes live radio commentary for some matches.
These apps are available on both Android and iOS platforms. You only need a smartphone and a decent internet connection to enjoy unlimited cricket action.
Use Mobile Websites
Many sports and live TV streaming websites offer dedicated mobile apps and mobile-optimized websites for live cricket streaming. Some popular mobile sites are:
- Crictime: This free website offers live cricket streaming from various tournaments, including IPL, PSL, BBL, CPL, etc. Works well on all mobile browsers.
- Smartcric: Provides HD quality live cricket streaming for significant cricket leagues and tournaments. Its mobile site is fast and smooth and supports Chromecast.
- Webcric: Allows cricket fans to watch live matches, highlights, and scores. It’s free but also offers a premium, ad-free experience. TouchCric is also a part of Webcric live cricket streaming.
- CricHD: Features an extensive catalog of cricket videos, including live matches, highlights, reviews, etc. Its mobile website has a clean interface and responsive design.
- CricketGateway: Covers live cricket action from England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and other cricketing nations. Offers live scores, stats, news, and videos.
The benefit of these sites is that they are optimized for mobile browsing, so you can open them easily in your phone’s browser and start watching live cricket quickly. Data charges may apply, so use WiFi whenever possible.
Leverage Mobile TV Apps
Many popular internet TV and entertainment apps provide live sports channels that broadcast live cricket matches, at least for major tournaments. Here are some apps you can use:
- JioTV: Offers a wide range of sports channels, including Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 2, which show IPL and other cricket tournaments live if you have a Jio SIM.
- Airtel TV: It also provides Star Sports and other cricket channels for Airtel users and many entertainment channels.
- Tata Sky Mobile: Allows Tata Sky DTH customers to stream live TV, including sports channels, on their mobiles wherever they go.
- DD Free Dish: Provides free live TV, including DD Sports, that shows cricket matches involving the Indian team. Works for all users.
- Sony LIV: Primarily an on-demand app but also offers live sports from Sony channels during significant events like IPL.
Do check channel availability in your region before using these apps. JioTV and AirtelTV work for users of the respective mobile networks. With the right app, you can enjoy cricket on the go.
Use Mobile Browsers Too
Even regular mobile browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari allow you to visit live cricket streaming sites and watch matches on your phone or tablet. While the experience may be smoother than cricket apps, it can work in a pinch if you urgently need to catch live action and have no access to other options.
Some cricket sites like Crictime work reasonably well directly on mobile browsers. You can also search “Watch cricket live” on YouTube and find live streams for ongoing matches. Just be prepared for annoying popup ads and click-baits. Having an adblocker helps.
With mobile internet getting cheaper and faster over the years, watching live cricket on phones and tablets has become more accessible. Make sure to download one of the cricket apps so you are ready for any match. Using mobile browsers in addition to apps provides more streaming options. With the right tools, every cricket lover can carry the stadium experience in their pockets.